RE: IML: Where are Most of the Imperials found Today??

RE: IML: Where are Most of the Imperials found Today??

I have a theory about this that I have observed over the years. I believe that it depends on a few things. first of all , where the most amount of cars were sold when new, and secondly the weather and salt use on the roads. When I stared collecting cars about 15 years ago, I discovered that where the model I wanted sold the most when new, I seemed to find the most later on , and usually at the lowest price. ( I assume because so many old ones seem to still be on the road in those places) I was a big Cadillac fan for many years, more Cadillacs were sold in Texas, actually Dallas then anywhere else up to the late 80's, consequently there were quite a few still around there and usually pretty cheep.. It seems Lincolns were big in Florida, I still see lots of them  ( 70's ad 80' models) on ebay from there. Funny thing, i have nothing to back this up, but it seems that lots of Chryslers ( 60's up to the mid 80's) are in Canada, Washington state, and Michigan in that order, at least that's what it appears from looking at ebay, auto trader and hemmings.. Where I am, in Southern California, I find Mercedes and Jaguar all over pretty cheep.. my First Imperial ( a 90) I purchased from Nevada, and my 77 New Yorker Brougham, Washington state 5 years ago.

Again, simply a hypothesis.. I got no science to back this ...my 2cents worth

Matt
I know where there are a bunch in Brooklyn, New York. I bought my second
from a message on this list. I know where there are at least 3 more 80's efi
cars. I also know of a '64 and an early 60's pod headlight car. They are
around if you keep your eyes open. Haven't seen many over in Milano, but
being woken up by a Ferrari and Aston Martin racing down your block is music
to your ears.

Rob