RE: IML: 64 Iml Fan Belts

Too obvious, but I didn't check all that - will now, thanks

Jay

Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:53:32 -0700
From: imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 64 Iml Fan Belts

JAY D'ANGELO <cadij@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just replaced the AC compressor with a rebuilt unit and replaced the two fan belts.  After about 700 miles, I noticed the inside fanbelt was fraying on the outside of the edge closest to the engine.
Check the alternator -- make sure that it is *securely* in place.  And look at it from the side to make sure that it is lined up correctly with the compressor.

Also follow the entire route for the belts to make sure that a bracket, hose, or maybe even the fuel line isn't touching the belt.

Elijah

Try the new Live Search today! Check it out!