Re: IML: Vinyl Top Replacement

Anthony  I have seen a 91 that the vinyl was taken off of. The 90-93 IMP have a fun way that the tops are put on, unlike a standard vinyl top that is glued to the roof of the car. The 90's have a fiberglass form that the padded vinyl is affixed too. So the top will come off the car as a whole. This then leaves the door panels that are a fiberglass form as well. It looks to me it would be EZ-r to work with, But I have not done it or seen any one replace it. I would think any locale trip shop could get the vinyl to match.
--
Alan Jordan
90 IMP

-------------- Original message from "anthony romano" <mamrom@xxxxxxx>: --------------

I have a 93 Imperial that I want to change the Vinyl top. Has anyone attempted to do this that hasn't done it before? And how hard/easy was it to do. Also, do you know where I can get the materials? -Anthony