Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 6:51 PM
Subject: IML: FW: Sudden trans problem in 68 LeBaron

---------------------------------------
From: jimd_bredemann@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Sudden trans problem in 68 LeBaron
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 21:44:40 -0500

Request for thoughts on why my 68 Imperial won't engage either drive or reverse. Here was tonights scenario. I'm in Chicago and thought I would take the car out for an evening drive while our weather is still cooperating. The car has been running well all summer and was out just last Sunday with no problems. This evening I went to the garage to start her and altough the dash lit up the starter didn't make a sound. I shifted to neutral and it fired right up. I then shifted back to Park and as always let the engine warm up. I then shifted to Drive and she wouldn't engage. Nor would it engage reverse when I tried that. It is now too late and too dark to check the trans fluid but I will tomorrow. To date there has never been a pool of trans fluid under the car. If it is indeed low what fluid should I refill it with. My other question to the collective is what other issues could be at work for this type of problem. As always the groups thoughts are appreciated.

Jim Dyra

Call friends with PC-to-PC calling -- FREE
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview