Re: IML: Auto Temp I

From: "Frederick Joslin" <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: 73 Auto Temp II

I have a 69 LeBaron with a non-functional even more infamous Airtemp I.

What can be done to retrofit this system to a later more reliable system,
preferable without auto control?

I wish I knew. If I could go back in time and change anything about my Imperial, that would be it. The vinyl top and somewhat pesky Budd brakes pale to insignificance in comparison - I actually kind of like the brakes because they're so wierd. The only thing A-T I seems really good for to me is horrifying my mechanic friends when I show them the schematics or the nest of tiny vacuum lines under the carpet.

Someday when I have money and no more pressing concerns on my car I'll address this, but I expect I'll have to go with a couple of unobtrusive / hidden toggle switches - on/off and fan speed.

FYI:  I really dislike auto temp systems in general. We have two new
vehicles (2005 and 2006) with "auto temp" systems. I refuse to use them,
running just in the manual mode.

Heh. I thought I was the only person like that. If I wanted to travel in an automobile and not make decisions, I'd take the bus.
        -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT