IML: 69 Windshield Replacement

Well, I thought I was going to get the windshield replaced in my 69 today. Turns out, the glass shop ordered one for a 66 instead. They located a correct one in California & will have it here in about a week.
     The shop manager was a little negative about replacing it due to the rust in the header. He says it will leak & could fly out in an accident. He also said he would have to glue the trim back on because of the rust. if I'm not mistaken, the clips bolt through to the inside of the car & not slid into the metal lip & the moldings press onto them? He is asking me to sign a waiver in case anything like that happens. I would get the roof fixed if I knew of a reliable shop here in the Phoenix area. I don't want to spend a fortune & have it turn out poor.
John