IML: 68: to pull the dash or not?

I would like the opinion of those that have been there and done that.
This winter I want to work on all those little things.  I need to:
1. Repair the temperature control. It worked when I first got the car a year and a half ago, for about a day, and has not worked since in any mode. A quick look showed at least a couple of vacuum hoses hanging lose. 2. Remove the radio and send it off for repair. 3. check the wiring, there is a switch or something hanging down that is wrapped in a putting, just wires hanging out. I assume it is to hold something together. 4. Replace the light switch with an original. It has previously been replaced with what I believe is one from an an early 70's Chrylser product.
5. Remove, refinish and replace all the brass trim.

Is it easiest to pull the dash to do all this? Is it easier to just pull one or both front seats so I can lay out to work? Opinions, suggestions, and helpful tips that might not be in the FSM are appreciated.
Thanks,

Ron

--
Let's face it, the number of people around the world in need of a match-grade round between the eyes is on the increase, - Tony Woodlief