Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 4:15 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1968 Imperial Dash

Hi Tony (and Bill) and all:

I also own a '68 Imp and also have some issues that I think are going to require the dash being pulled. I recently started the job but got interrupted and haven't been able to finish.

1/ There are no lights on the dashboard. I don't think it's the switch because when I turn the switch all the way in one direction the "foot" lamps in the rear interior come on. Could it be a resistor somewhere?

2/ Definitely gotta pull the radio to be sent out and repaired.

3/ Headlight switch works but looks lopsided, would like to have that repaired.

4/ Working on refinishing and reattaching all the brass trim.

Since mine is a convert I'm not concerned at this point about loosing use because is too cold here on LI to be driving with the top down anyway. The season is over.

As to pulling the seats, let me tell you that it was a struggle to get under that dash flat on my back, as well as a struggle to get out again. If you plan to spend a lot of time under there I think pulling the seats is a good idea - or at least the driver's side seat. I've already had one of the seats out and it was no big deal to remove and replace.

Let me know how you make out, Tony!

Tom

1968 Convert

1960 NYer Coupe