Re: IML: 75 Window

alan1416@xxxxxxx wrote:
My driver side window has stopped working in my 75 Coupe. When I push the switch the AMP meter movers over to the charge side of the mid mark. Dose this mean the switch is OK and sending power to the motor, and that the window is jammed? Or could it be a bad switch.
If the amp gauge moves, the switch is fine.  Either the window is stuck, the motor is stuck, or the regulator gear has shredded or has a disintegrated bushing.

When you move the switch, can you hear the motor running, or do you just hear a click from the door?  If you just hear a click, the window or the motor is stuck.  If you can hear the motor running but the window doesn't move, either the plastic regulator gear has broken, or the plastic bushing that presses the gear against the regulator has shredded.

Be prepared to remove the door panel.

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron