IML: power steering control valve seals

Mopar still sells the seals, they arent an o-ring as much as they are a quad ring, but thats hard to see given their size. Chrysler used the same valve from 62 to forever, in the older rear drive stuff so you shouldnt have any problem finding them at a dealership. I bought a set, you actually get a package of seals but you only need the quad rings, about 3 years ago and it was not at all expensive...under 10 bucks as I recall. The only trouble here is finding a dealership with someone who is actually familiar enough with the older cars and can use a paper catalog on the chance its not still in the computer. The other thing, youll have to adjust the centering of the valve after you put in new seals otherwise the wheels will want to turn to one side or the other depending on where the valve thinks its center is. Scribing a line around the valve before you remove it isnt a bad thing to do before you take it apart.

Hope this helps

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe