Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 5:15 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: door spring kit for my '66

Richard,

What is in the spring kit?

Much of my '66 hardware is shot, like the broken eyelet on a movable flange (sorry, I do not know the correct term for that part?) for one end of the spring!

2 door coupe doors are really heavy, I have rarely seen a 2 door model with good springs if it has mileage on the car.  I bet it is the same hardware for the front doors of a 4 door model, so not really well designed for the heavier doors of the 2 door models.

Regards,

Marc in Mukilteo

'66 Crown Coupe

'67 300 Vert