Re: IML: Back home again!

My 67 Crown Coupe is FINALLY coming home today with a fresh tune-up and the transmission leak fixed. I've never considered myself much of a mechanic but after hearing what they did and now having had time to get a feel for the knowledge base of our list, I think I could have done the work myself, with your help. (Points, condenser, new trans pan gasket and filter) Besides the car hauling fee and the money I would have saved, I suspect there'd be more sense of accomplishment and satisfaction too.

Someone on here said it's easy to be intimidated when contemplating repairs we're unfamiliar with. That's exactly why I took mine to the mechanic. It wasn't that much money but I had to wait forever. CC is no shinny apple yet but I really love that car and am not comfortable leaving it sitting in a parking lot in town for a month. So I see this as a learning experience and am going to become more self-reliant. My first job will be the replacement of the front disc brake pads. He said that one of the pads is missing and he couldn't find replacement parts. NAPA told him my car should have had drums because discs weren't available until 69. That's wrong. I called the local Chrysler Parts Dept. and was told they were an option in 67, given the part number and referred to a dealer in the midwest that has a set in stock. I'm going to install them myself and might ask a few of you who have done it for some guidance..

It's a beautiful shinny day here in the Last Frontier and Life is Good! Hope you all are having a good one too!

Dan Collins

67 Crown Coupe