Re: IML: '67 brake pads

From: "Dan" <sunup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Disc Brakes on 67 Crown

My mechanic gave me a scare this morning. He said my car has front disc =
brakes with one pad missing and NAPA told him they weren't available =
until 69 so he couldn't identify the part. I called Chrysler and they =
said front disc brakes was an option in 67 and refered me to a =
dealership in the midwest that had a set. My question is how difficult =
are they to change? I've never considered myself a mechanic, but I can =
see that I'm going to have to start learning..

The pads are a bit of a pain to replace on the Budd brakes, but it's not a total nightmare. A lot of places think they have the D-10 pads, but they actually have D-85s that are mislablelled. If you get the right thing, could you give us the info on the Chrysler dealer, so we can see if they have more? These pads are hard to find.
        -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT