dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 7:23 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Dan
Subject: Re: IML: Progress Report

Hi Dan...I'd change the gas filter just for general-principals! But, as I am
sure someone on the list will suggest, you could by-pass the gas coming from
the gas-tank and use some fresh gas that you could add directly into the
input port of the carb(hope I am saying this right?) and if the car smooths
out, well, its probably the gas itself, the filter or something in the tank
that needs to be cleaned out. Just my 2 cents worth!
Dan Melnik

---- Dan <sunup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

=============

  CC was just delivered. I pumped the gas a few times to set the choke on
the 440 and my 67 Crown started right up with the oil, fuel and alt guages
immediately coming to life. But she ran very rough. I figured it was because
it is cold (about 28 degrees) and gave it about 15 minutes to warm up until
I got a temp reading of about 20%. It continued to run rough while dark
(black) smoke exited the back. As I listening to her idle I could hear it
miss. I put her in drive and rolled down off the small hill where she was
parked. When I put it in reverse to drive back up she started to buck and
stall so I gave it more gas. It sounded labored the way a tired engine will
sound but did make it back up. I'm dissapointed and not at all sure it's any
better now than the last time I drove it.

  In the hopes it's nothing too serious like valves, heads etc, I'd like
suggestions of what else it could be. Here's a list of what they did;

  new points and condenser
  set ignition timing
  adjusted carb
  changed the plug I couldn't get to so now it has all new plugs with just
over 100,000 miles and old gas.

  I've read posts about old gas and am hoping that's the culprit. There's
also a possibility I might have added more lead additive than necessary.

  Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

  Dan Collins

  67 Crown Coupe