IML: no fire in this hole

Steady decline in engine operation has me in untenable spot.  Bought 63 custom a month ago with two year old gas in the tank.  Stupid me: tried to actually drive it up and down my street with rapidly deteriorating results.  Car now just cranks with uneven sound of some non-uniform compression but will not combust.  Removal of VC revealed one pushrod is GONE from #3;  bent one from #4 had fallen from rocker arm so there we are at 75% already.  Yes there is a spark; yes I have cleaned plugs after each attempt to start.  Accelerator pump makes nice squirt every time.  But even a blast of starting fluid down the throats fails to make ANY internal combustions.

--1)  Could the valves have gotten so varnished up from the rotten fuel that no decent charge is getting into enough of the remaining chambers to reach break even point?

--2)  Is there any failure mode of the carb itself that could explain this?

I need to get this thing into my carport (uphill) to get heads off.  Would take an army of WWF stars to accomplish that with dead motor.   If answer to number 1 is yes, I guess I am stuck.  If number 2 is yes, then some time spent on carb might not be wasted.  Thank you for guidance.