Re: IML: no fire in this hole

I think that you have the same problem I had.  I bent 3 intake rods on the left bank the worst were on #1 and #3 cylinders.  I put new fuel into the tank that had old fuel and it did varnish up the valves enough to bend these rods.  I drained some of the gas and added octane boosters and pulled the heads and had a local machine shop do them over.  I thought this would do the trick, but since I had no way to get rid of the old gas and drove the car it happened again.  Now I realize the importance of removing the tank and taking it to a radiator shop to get rid of everything.  I will do this over the winter and pull the valve covers and put in some new pushrods.  I learned my lesson on my 413!  DO NOT USE OLD GAS!!!!!!

Steve Restelli
Webmaster, HistoryTV.net
http://historytv.net