From: bparks427@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Gawker's vs. Admirer's

i just bought a 64 crown coupe in sept i drive it everywhere work play i even go out
at night just because I LOVE MY 64 it discussed me to see brainless people
who use old imperials for demo cars GET  A LIFE there is one on e bay now
smashed beyond reconition! with the seller showing some remorse of show quatlity
before the poor thing hit the demo feild i think he regrets it, this is a pe ice of history
gone forever! if you dont want it a least part it out its better then destroying it!

YBSHORE@xxxxxxx wrote:
Imperialists,

..............I believe Imperialist in no way implies Elitist, and also certainly no one enjoys the attention more than ANY car enthusiast who owns a vintage vehicle of any make or model and receives glory for it..... and a true admirer understands the etiquette these cars require....."peeved" is being there to watch them dishonor a car via "gawk" and coming back to find hand prints, drool, dings in irreplaceable stainless steel side moulding's and bodywork as drivers open adjacent car doors with no respect despite how far off in the parking lot you go (in fact someone is usually waiting for me there to ask questions) , scratches (from "belt buckles and rings" or "nearly being run off the road by the gawker who then speeds away in embarrassment" as another member put it), or even 6'8" "admirer's" leaning their 300+ pound carcass on your masterpiece while they tell you their story about "the one that got away" and forev er crease what was a perfect body line.....owning cars of special effort and heritage such as ours does not require us to "owe" anyone else anything in terms of explanation, expectation or invitation......if one is "peeved" at not seeing them at car shows, my suggestion is you put your body, soul, time and monies (and eBay/Hemmings search) into an Imperial and clean up after an "admirers" once over.....attention or questions are not discouraged, in fact they are quite usually appreciated.......and lastly, True Imperialists never hide, we are MUCH too proud, you just need to look harder.....

ybshore

56 Imperial Sedan
55 NY'er Deluxe Sedan