IML: timing gear on 63?

Thank you to all who have posted ideas on my comatose Custom 4dr.  Consensus does not seem universal though on whether original timing gear on 63 had plastic teeth or not.  If you have seen either or both types with your own eyes on an original car, please let me know so I can decide whether to pursue that as possible cause of my immediate problem or look elsewhere.  It is a lot of work to expose that gear and I would hate it to be for naught.  My FSM is snail-crawling from pennsylvania to arizona; I would rather not wait for it to confirm what many of you might know already.  --Tom