Re: IML: '65 engine possibilities

The 413 and 361 were used up to 1977, as a Heavy Duty truck-motor home engine.However, there were many different engine components on these engines, that will not swap for automotive. You can rebuild the short block,(no heads) and use it, Pistons,and cam, would also go, as these engines were only 7.5:1 comp. and the cam was a very low performance grind.Hope this helps, Dave.

From: "Frederick Joslin" <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>

1965 was the last year for the 413. I would go with a 440. If the engine is not original it is not original. I see no point in replacing the original 413 witha non-original 413 just to try and keep it "original" which it is not..

There should be no external differences between a 1965 413 and a 1966 440 so no one would know anyway.

PAW https://secure.pawengineparts.com/newform.html sellscomplete 440 engine kits with blocks for around $2500.