IML: 64 Stereo Speakers

Hello All,
 Just my two cents on this topic. I am also wrestling with the installation of speakers in my 64. Unfortunately, I live in an area where quality radio stations are measured by how country or HEAVY rock and roll they might be. My solution is to have a quality CD player installed with an XM. Now I realize that the convert. poses different logistical problems than my 4 door. But - the practical solution for this model is to place the speakers in the kick panel. As I am told by my installer - there is enough room to put rather large speakers in that position. And, since they are covered with matching rug - the finished look is still quite stock. This will be done sometime next spring. If my installer is incorrect in his assumption, I would appreciate club feedback.
                                                  Allan from Billings, Montana