Re: IML: 1959 Imperial & Highway HI-FI

The ubiquitousness of 45s compared with the paucity of the specialized 16 RPM originals would seem to dictate that as only viable option.  The limited bandwidth of the antenna feedthrough method is a small price to pay for enjoying a wider range of titles.  What real world experience does anyone have playing records in a moving car?  --Tom     63 Custom

"stephen844@xxxxxxxx" <stephen844@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a 1959 Crown Southampton that has the original radio that has foot operation.  Can I plug a Highway HI-FI into this set or would I have to change the radio?  I am looking to add a record player to the car and wondered if I would be better off to use the later 45 RPM version which conntects into the antenna line and the radio is tuned to the record player?

Steve Restelli
Webmaster, HistoryTV.net
http://historytv.net