Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:06 AM
To: IML
Subject: IML: Website content question - opinion requested

The club recently purchased 60 motion picture Service
Training Films.

They are from the MTSC program, and they are a
complete (or nearly so) set of 60 films that covers
all manner of Chrysler Service topics for 5 years
spanning 1973 through 1978.

A description of the MTSC program can be found here:
http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/index.htm

They appear to have a magnetic stripe that would
presumably be for sound, so these are movies about
working on Chryslers/Imperials, and could be a very
interesting.

We are currently investigating what the cost would be
to convert them to computer-files with the intention
of posting them to the club website as viewable
videos.

Initial quotes indicate that there will be setup fees
for the lot of $200+/- and then expenses would be
about $0.14 per foot.  With each film being ?perhaps?
400 feet, that's $14 per film.  They are sealed in
cartridges and I can't tell lengths at this time, so
that is a variable.  Total cost could wind up being
somewhere between $800 and $1200 - perhaps.

We would like to hear:

1.  What people think about having access to a period
resource like this.

2.  Whether you feel strongly enough to chip in to
help cover the costs of conversion.

This will take a little time to get done, but once
posted, the films become a (hopefully) permanent
resource in our always-free-of-charge online library.

Here is a list of the topics covered for 1973.  These
are the printed manuals that were passed out to
accompany the films during training sessions in the
dealerships.  The other years are similar but
obviously contain different material:

http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/index.htm#1973