Re: IML: Diesel Imps

sosmi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
In a discussion, with an OLD friend, he said he had a ride in a early-mid 60's Imp. in a MID EAST country, and he was quite certain that the Imperial taxi was diesel powered, it was a manual floor shift,as he stated. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a factory diesel Imp.?
Dave -- There's no such beast as an Imperial with a diesel engine from the factory, but like our friends in Cuba, folks in the Middle East often modify and re-engineer as needed to keep cars going.  Finding an Imperial powered by Cummins with a floor shift wouldn't be much of a surprise in that part of the world.

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron
  1971 Imperial LeBaron

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms