IML: Please Welcome Gerald MacPherson

New Subscriber(s): Gerald MacPherson
Email Address is: gmacp7941@xxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Bangkok Thailand

Car(s) owned: Working on owning one !

Self-Introduction: I have been living in Thailand for 44 years out of my completed 67 and am a classic car collector and lover !  Along with many makes that include Cadillac, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Corvette, and Chrysler 300 letter cars C,E,F, I am now becoming more interested in the Imperial mark and entertain the thought of adding a few to my collection.  My 300C convertible, I bought in Bangkok off a used car lot, many people looking at the car (European collectors) and I bought it a first sight.  It was bought by the Singha Beer owners when they were in the States in 1957 and then taken to Germany, where their beer brewing efforts became their partnership and then when they came back to Thailand they brought the C with them.  When I bought the car in 1990 or so it still had the original blue streak tires on it and a German roadsaftey sticker in the wind shield.  Unfortunately the car lot owner had painted some kind of sick brown color on the car, put the wrong transmission in it
cracked, which later got so bad, i replaced it with one bought thru the Chrysler 300 club (and forgot about the German saftey sticker thereby loseing it. The top was tattered and the upholstery all cracked from heat and sun, etc., the car looked like it had been stored in a warehouse with things on the roof, etc., from the look of the top bows.  But still a beauty. Anyway, inside the door was the nicest green paint.  The car was that irredesant 'parade green' originally and it is back to that color now and runs excellent.  All my other cars were imported from various places in the US, except my 55 Citroen 2cv and my 62 Porsche B coupe.  Originally being from Seattle, I have had much help from my good buddies, who are also car nuts to locate parts and cars too.  Its time I joined the Chrysler Imperial club.  Best regards, Gerald MacPherson