IML:

Folks,

NOTE:  Been a long time since I've written to you all.  In light of the recent election, I wanted to share this story with you again.  Congressman Bernie Sanders, now SENATOR Bernie Sanders, so thoroughly enjoyed this cruise in my Imperial that I thought I'd share the story again.

No leaves left on the trees . . . winter arrives soon.

Tim
1957 Imperial
28,000 miles!  Original cherry condition.
Rochester, VT

Today, my boys and I took our longest cruise ever.  We went from our home in
tiny Rochester, VT to Middlebury and to a few yard sales along the way.
While in Middlebury, we visited the Chrysler dealer where I purchased our
family van and a Ram pickup, both brand new, only 11 months ago.  Anyway, I
wanted them all to see the 3rd Chrysler I had purchased (my 57).  The place
emptied out; my salesman took it for a ride with my son, Patrick, and
giggled the whole time.  He promptly went inside and brought out a sticker:
"Yeah, it's got a Hemi".  We had a delightful time, but our day wasn't over.
Near Rochester, in another tiny town called Hancock, we spotted a couple of
friends chatting on the porch of the local general store.  We pulled over,
"set a spell", and then who walks over to the general store (one of the two
downtown businesses) but the one and only Congressman Bernie Sanders,
Vermont's lone U.S. Congressman and the only Independent congressmen the
nation.  He was checking out my car, so I asked him (in a rather "forward"
((get it?)) kind of way if he'd like to take a ride.  He looks at his
bouncer guy and says, "Sure, let's go."  So, in we go, me behind the wheel,
the Congressman sitting shotgun, and the bouncer guy in the rear view
mirror!  We cruised about 2 miles and turned around and came back to the
general store where my buddies just got a kick out of the whole thing.  So
did the Congressman.  So did I.  My boys?  They just think their dad's a
nut.

It was my dream to have a classic car and to enjoy it with my 15 and 14 year
old sons.  That dream was realized today, in spades.

Smiling in Vermont

Tim