Re: IML: 73 Thermoquad Hell!

Once the ThermoQuad resin core cracks, repair is
pretty much hopeless for the home mechanic. Fussing to
fix the crack really isn't necessary, either. Just
search eBay for ThermoQuad or have a look on the net
for places like:

http://www.thermoquads.com/

I bought a quality, rebuilt ThermoQuad on eBay for
about $145 if I remember correctly.

Make sure to get the right model.

Some things to check on any wonky carb are the choke
pull-off (which has a diaphram vulnerable to
mishandling and carb cleaner) and resin-style floats.
I have been told that resin floats can begin to absorb
fuel over time thus spoling your mixture.

Good Luck!
Dave Duricy
1968 Imperial Crown convertible
1973 Imperial LeBaron