IML: Please Welcome Brian Wernette

New Subscriber(s): Brian Wernette
Email Address is: bwernette@xxxxxxxxx
Member Location: West Michigan

Car(s) owned: 1963 Crown 4-door (Fawn)

Self-Introduction: The Imperial was purchased used in 1964 by my great-grandfather. It passed from him to my Uncle(a HS shop teacher)in 1980. His three daughters drove it through high school. Once the kids moved out my uncle tried to sell it (1997). Frustrated after getting no offers near the $1000.00 they wanted they asked if I wanted it for free. My father and I spent 2 summers working on it (although my uncle kept it in decent shape it needed tons of body work, replacement quarters, holes in the floor, etc). The next 6+ years were taken up by building my own house and a barn to work on the Imperial and a few other project cars I have (1974 Firebird and 1968 Chevelle Convertible). This summer (2006) we finally got the Imperial moved to the barn and the body work is nearly complete. We should have paint by spring at the latest.