IML: Carburetor for '81?

If somebody could give me a hand and direct me to what type of carburetor I will need for my '81, since I am going to replace the cheap one that was installed very poorly. I don't even know how carburetors are measured as far as whether or not they will fit my manifold.

A bit of expertise on the subject would be great, what is of important when looking for a carburetor, and I think a standard 2- barrel Holley should be perfectly fine. I just don't know for certain what fits, and what doesn't. I was told that I could probably find something that's exactly what I need for my specific engine, that would be a simple bolt on, and I'm done, that's pretty much what I want. I want to try the carb replacement myself. I'll look through my shop manuals in a bit. Would the carb I need be the same one that they used on carbureted cars with 318's? For example, the New Yorker? I think i could find the part number for that easily.

Thanks!