IML: distilled or soft water for the cooling system?

IML: distilled or soft water for the cooling system?

Greetings everyone
I had mentioned in a previous post that Skinned Knuckles magazine had suggested mixing soft water not distilled water with antifreeze when refilling your cars cooling system. I know that some car owners swear by distilled and wouldn't put anything else in their cars radiator.
For anyone else here is an excert from the article.

" If possible use softened water in your cars cooling system to reduce the minerals that can damage the cooling system. However do NOT use distilled water. It may be great for batteries ,but not cooling systems. The water distillation process creates an abundance of ions, negatively charged particles. The ions can react in the cooling system to speed up the acidic buildup so that it occurs faster than with regular water"

As always your results may vary
Clay Smith
60 Custom
67 Crown Coupe