Re: IML: Replacing carpet in my '68 Imp Convert

Re: IML: Replacing carpet in my '68 Imp Convert

I've lost track who asked about carpet for a '68 Crown
convertible in the first place, but I remember he was
off on the wrong track and heading for loop carpeting!
For some reason, every carpet supplier incorrectly
lists loop pile for Imperials.

The correct carpet for the '68 Crown convertible is
cut pile. The replacement carpet won't be quite as
dense and fuzzy as the original, but it sure beats old
carpet full of holes and mildew.

Elijah is quite right about carpet and vinyl spray
dyes. Black spray dye did wonders for the kick panels,
seat backs and faded door panels in my '68.

By the way, the hardest part of installing the new
carpet in my '68 was getting the new carpet properly
aligned and cutting the holes for the seats and
seatbelts. I never did develop a labor-saving
strategy, other than dropping the top so I could stand
from time to time.

Dave