Re: IML: Doing a trans tune up by myself

Re: IML: Doing a trans tune up by myself

Thank's for the advice! I'll look into it.

On Dec 6, 2006, at 8:09 AM, Phil Brust wrote:

Matt-

I've been following this thread for a while and it's time to offer a
suggestion: find a reputable transmission shop (independently owned- not a chain) and price a 904 rebuild with NEW torque converter. I think you'll be
surprised how inexpensive it is.

Don't buy the ramps unless you want to fulfill a death wish. A good floor jack and four stout jackstands on a smooth, level concrete surface is the
safe way to elevate a car.

I had the trans in my 5th Ave rebuilt five years ago for about
$400...they're simple transmissions to work on.

Phil Brust
73 & 82 Imperial