IML: My 81 for sale

I think i've decided that the '81 isn't quite my style. I sort of bought it on a whim (not that that's a bad thing) because it was only $500 and said "Imperial" on it... (I'm sure you can all relate)

Anyway, I don't particularly like 80's cars, i don't really agree with the build quality, overall. I think it was a phase between solid steel cars and the newer style with different materials (ex: plastic etc)... And they just didn't quite get it right until about 2000, and since then everything seems quite a bit more solid to me, and looks a lot nicer.

Don't get me wrong, I like the car, I just don't think it was exactly what I was looking for. Plus, as a daily driver, I think it's more beneficial for me to have something newer as far as reliability goes. I'd love to keep it, but I can't have two cars. And besides, if i were to chose between six cars to own (I've narrowed it down to six for my future six car garage) The '81 Imperial would certainly not be on the list... i'd have an Imperial or two, but different years. That said, I'm not going to keep it.

I'll get my $500 (minus what I put into it, couple hundred bucks maybe) And use that toward my down payment on a fancy, showroom condition '98 Jag XJ8 L, which is a very solid, rear-wheel drive and big enough to see the front of my hood... Jaguar's are probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen on the road. For about $9,500 (which is a steal considering blue book retail is $15,000) I'll have myself a nice reliable daily driver where I won't have to worry about anything going wrong. (for the most part) And I'm considering paying about 30 dollars extra per month to get a power train warranty for two years. Think that's a good idea?

So if anybody in the Phoenix area is interested in a fairly solid '81 with a good body (rust-free AZ car) complete with all four original cast wheels with red center caps, an NOS hood ornament, gold plated cartier key blank, owners manual, shop manuals, and NOS turn signal indicator (not installed).. let me know! The car just needs some carb work to run perfectly (i think), and the front facia needs replaced thanks to yours truly. That's as far as the damage goes though, just the front fascia and grille, no big deal. Every other part is straight and solid except for the hood having a couple of dings in it.

Matt