I understand, and am sort of coming to my senses. I always seem to act on impulse and it sounded great at the time, and i still think it's a great car and a great price but like you say, it's expensive to repair. If i got it, i'd probably get a warranty on the car so it's covered if anything happened. But, regardless of the reliability, full coverage for me being a new driver is VERY expensive. The only way i could really afford that car is if i could finance through a bank for a personal loan rather than an auto loan and pick my own insurance plan. I'm going to talk to the guy at the dealer and see if that is even an option.

I think a late 90's or early 2000's model Chrysler for around 3-5 thousand is more up my alley, i can get that small amount as a personal loan, and get a cheaper insurance plan for it. I'm going to see what I can find as far as an LHS, Concorde, or 300M goes..

Matt

On Dec 9, 2006, at 9:59 PM, jlandis81044@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

MATT,
I HAPPEN TO OWN A GORGEOUS 1989 JAG VDP AND IT HAS BEEN VERY RELIABLE--AS LONG AS I DON'T DRIVE IT OVER 1000 MILES PER YEAR AND FIX IT MYSELF! A '98 PROBABLY IS QUITE RELIABLE, BUT I'LL REMIND YOU THAT A CAR THAT COSTS ABOUT $80K ,NEW, IS NEVER GOING TO BE CHEAP TO REPAIR-- UNLESS YOU DO IT YOURSELF--AND PARTS ARE NEVER CHEAP OR INEXPENSIVE!!!! FOR RELIABILITY, I CAN TELL YOU THAT, WHEN MY '81 FS IS RESTORED, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO DRIVE IT ANYWHERE, AND JUST THIS WEEK, I HESITATED IN DRIVING MY JAG 600 MILES FOR A 2 DAY TRIP. IF IT BROKE WHILE I WAS GONE, I WOULD HAVE TO SELL IT TO GET HOME, AS MOST MECHANICS WON'T WORK ON IT OR WILL CHARGE SO MUCH TO WORK ON IT, THAT THEY COULD RETIRE ON THE LABOR COST ALONE!! IN OTHER WORDS, JUST BECAUSE THE JAG IS AN INCREDIBLE CAR AND A GREAT BUY, DOES NOT MAKE IT A GOOD DEAL--UNLESS YOU ARE LOADED.
JERRY --'81 FS
From: Matthew Gill <mgill3@xxxxxxx>
Date: 2006/12/09 Sat AM 11:43:58 EST
Subject: Re: IML: My 81 for sale: The Math

I think they're good cars, and the car has a good reliability rating.
I think people still feel that they are unreliable because of their
past. After Ford purchased Jaguar the reliability supposedly shot way
up, and that was in 1990.. so I think any newer model Jags should be
good cars, and from what I hear from different owners that statement
holds true.

Matt