From: ajl
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 5:04 PM
Subject: IML: 354 Hemi Industrial

Hi Everyone;

I have a unique situation. My son purchased a 1956 Imperial, it is a decent
car with a very nice interior. It sat in a garage for the last 20 years.
The one thing missing is an engine. Someone carefully removed the engine
with great care, left everything else intact.

I have just started looking for an engine for it. A gentleman close to me
has a 1957 Industrial Hemi with 39,000 miles. It is set up with 2 single
barrel carburetors, which I would change out for a 4 bbl set up.  From my
research, the industrial Hemi has lower compression and hardened valve
seats for low maintenance. The horsepower rating on a Industrial Hemi is
218HP. The 354 Hemi that was in the 56 Imperial has a 280hp rating.

My question is this:

My sons Imperial has the 2 speed powerflite transmission in it. If we use
this Hemi would it have enough oomph to get it around especially pulling
hills? Also when they state an industrial Hemi at 218hp, is it with a 2
single barrel setup, if so how much more horsepower, if any, would adding
the 4 bbl carburetor on it.

Thanks

Anthony