Re: IML: overdrive trans swaps

Mopar hasnt made, and probably wont be anytime soon unless the Direct Connection/Mopar Performance folks step up, an overdrive 727 - which is technically a 518 - to bolt behind a big block. JVX and probably others make adapter plates that allow one to bolt the 518 to the big block bolt pattern. You would still have to shorten the driveshaft and fabricate a trans mount, and possibly alter the sheetmetal in the trans tunnel depending on how much clearance was available.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe

ps. if anyone has a donor 518 on hand that is NOT computer controlled - some of the truck ones were purely electrically and hydraulically controlled - and the $$$ to do the JVX adapters, send it all to me and I will install them in my car and do a nice technical write up for anyone else to use as instructions.