IML: Some new reading material............

IML: Some new reading material............

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to write in and mention a really well written book that I have just finished reading.
It's called "CHRYSLER - The Life and Times of an Automotive Genius"  by Vincent Curcio.
It was just written recently, in 2002 I think, and it's available at most local libraries.
It's a complete history of Walter P. Chrysler's life and it really goes into a lot of detail on his early years, and the development of the Chrysler Corporation from it's first inception.
One of the most notable quotes I found in the book had to do with his "mission statement" for the future of the Imperial automobile.
In 1932, his philosophy regarding Imperials was this:
(to quote from the book)......." W.P. Chrysler believed that his Imperial customers deserved the best and most modern automobiles possible. The Chrysler Imperial was a veritable rolling laboratory of advanced ideas, that would later appear on the corporations cheaper products."
I think that very aptly describes the cars that we all find so facinating.
Best Holiday wishes to everyone,
-Mike in Oregon