To: IML
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:28 AM
Subject: IML: water pump pulley diameter?

Hello everyone:

What is the exact outer diameter of the water pump pulley for a '67 Imperial, 440cid, with AC, single belt?

I spent $80 (too much!) for a new aluminum one (way too pretty!), that barely doesn't fit.  Parts man said it was 6 & 1/2" diameter - it actually measures 6 & 11/16".  I think 6 & 1/2" would fit with a clearance on the crank pulley of 1/16"

Do those measurements make sense?  Is there really only 1/16" clearance between the crank pulley & the water pump pulley?  Is 6 & 1/2" the correct diameter for the water pump pulley on this engine?

Thanks in advamce for any insight offered.

Dan Richardson
300L Family Heirloom

--- End Message ---