Cc: <sosmi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 9:10 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 73 Overheating..(and more)

If the car is getting that hot you better check the cataltic converter. Sounds like it is getting plugged up. Also check your radiator for cold spots in it after you have ran it awhile. Run you hand around the fins and see it you have cool spots vs warm spots. If so it is plugged up.

From: jhplc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi List

The good...finally got Thermoquad #4 to work..dash lights now work...there is a grounded screw that holds the plastic housing for the dash floodlights...now that is grounded...they work..took a year and
a half to figure that out and a new headlight switch..,,Now the bad..

Replaced the thermostat and radiator cap, and while the temp gauge doesn't even get to the 1/2 mark (mid 50's temp today), there is a lot of heat coming off the motor, and the front passenger carpet gets really warm..(exaust pipes under there).. and when the motor is shut off, coolant comes out of the drain tube onto the ground...( car does not have the overflow tank).. So I put the old cap back on, and while the coolant stays in the radiator, there is still too mutch heat under the hood.. so after reading the repair section, it could be the heat riser sticking.( it moves by hand)... or
many other things..any guesses?

Jerry

Merry Chrysler
Happy New Yorker (76-78 NYB for Content!)