Re: IML: '73 overheating discovery

From: jhplc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 73 overheating disovery!

Checked the radiator for hot and cool spots, and the top is hot,
the bottom is cold, which means either the water pump is bad..
(it's 2 years old), or the radiator is bad, according to the repair
sections....any ideas on what it is..(don't want to replace both!!)
..need money for Christmas gifts yet!

Jerry

Water pumps usually fail in a noisy, leaky fashion. I have had one fail by the impeller becoming detached from the shaft, so there was no leak or noise but when the pulley was turning, the impeller wasn't. Still, two years seems pretty soon for that dort of thing...
        -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT