Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 1:55 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1959 Gas Tank Sending Unit Repair $300?

I wondered if anyone else has sent their sending units to "Instrument Services" in Roscoe, Illinois?  I sent mine off and just received a quote as follows:

Mechanical Restoration   $90.00

Repair Resistor              $165.00

Shipping                         $15.00

Total w/shipping             $296.00

When I phoned them initially they told me to forward it to them for an estimate, which I did and now if I choose to want my old unit back I will be charged an "evaluation charge of $25-$50 plus shipping".  It kind of looks like my unit is being held hostage.

The above charges seem high to me.  Do any of the members have experience with "Instrument Services"?