Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 64 Iml Winshield Channel Molding

Kindly be aware that A Bernbaum generally sells
generic extruded stuff, as found on other automobiles.
I used such on my 1955 and it was pretty miserable,
but I had my back against a wall and had to for
unusual reasons.

The original gasket on the 59-66 Imperial is far
superior to others in every aspect, and with the
number of cars going through demo derby, finding one
should not present a problem.  They are almost
infinitely re-usable - something not obvious unless
you know the trick in them - see my other rant about
that.

Stick with original stock or risk having your new
glass crack when the cheapie aftermarket gasket
contorts your glass.

-K

--- Daniel Richardson
<TheRichardsonFamily@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did you try Andy Bernbaum?  I received good, quick
service, at a fair price, & the right seal.  Others
have commented negatively, but I was fine with the
two transactions I've made with him.

Dan Richardson
300L Family Heirloom

----- Original Message ----- From: JAY D'ANGELO
  Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:01 PM
  Subject: IML: 64 Iml Winshield Channel Molding

  I've decied to replace the windshield on my
convertible.  Got a great price today of $500 +$100
shipping to Las Vegas.

  Problem is, I can't find the rubber windshield
channel molding.  Steele doesn't have it and neither
does the other sources I contacted.  My windshield
dealer is also making calls, but they can't find one
either.

  Anyone have any leads?  I'm sure that the old one
will fall apart when it is removed - doesn't do any
good to get a windshield if I can't use it.

  HELP!

  Jay D'Angelo
  64 Iml Cvt
  Las Vegas

  Get into the holiday spirit, chat with Santa on
Messenger.  Ho-Ho-Ho!

Kenyon Wills