From: cadij@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 3:37 PM
Subject: IML: 64 Iml Cvt engine fire - need alt gauge

Well, the engine compartment was re-wired by a shop in Las Vegas that specializes in automotive electrical work.  They did everything from the fuse box out through the firewall and did a nice job.  Instead of wrapping all the wires to make it look original, I opted for the coiled plastic sheathing - looks pretty good actually.

The first place I took it to wanted $2300 and, after a week of looking at it, they decided they didn't want to tackle the job.  The other outfit did a clean job and only charged $1300, including the new carb.

Next week, I will clean up the engine bay and detail everything again; and get a new fire extinguisher.  I want to emphasize again the importance of having a FIRE EXTINGUISHER on board - it saved my car.

I have one problem, though.  The alternator gauge got fried when the wire got too hot and I need a replacement.

Anyone have a spare working amp gauge for my 64?

Jay D'Angelo
64 Iml Cvt
Las Vegas
702 400-3749

Get free, personalized online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora. Try it! =