IML: plain text/trim posts

I belong to another list that mandates and enforces the rules listed below.
After getting 4 or 5 IML digests this evening, each of which contained maybe
2 messages and all the rest was crappola, can we use and enforce out own
rules?

  Number one. Please trim your posts before sending as it takes up a lot of
bandwidth. And shorten your signature line.

8. .sigs cannot exceed 5 lines in length (not including .sigs automatically
added by the service provider.)

	Penalties:

	1st offense:  Warning

	2nd offense:  Moderation

	3rd offense:  One week expulsion

9. No excessive over quoting of previous posts (TRIM YOUR QUOTES TO WHAT IS
RELEVANT!)

	Penalties:

	1st offense:  Warning

	2nd offense:  Moderation