Re: Fw: IML: Carter AFB running Question

There is no way that simple resistor can vary voltage with RPMS.

From: "Frederick Joslin" <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>
Chris:I am pretty sure that the voltage across the ballast resistor
varies with the RPM of the engine. The coil need more voltage at higher
RPM than at lower RPM and when the coil need more voltage the ballast
resistor give it.Thus the whole assemble must be together and the engine
running to really test it.I would replace the ballast resistor and coil
and condensor see if that helps. If it does not you have certainly
eliminated those components as a problem.