Re: IML: 60 OEM tire supplier?

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Brochure/Pages10-11.jpg

Pictured in the catalog are the goodyear tires.

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Brochure/Page21.jpg

There is an option for Nylon (not Rayon) tires, so I'm
betting that there was an alternate (Silvertown?)
available.

Virtually any 9x15 bias-ply tire will look correct,
run your speedo properly, ride in a way that is
harmonious with your suspension design, and only a
handfull of people (mostly here on the IML) will know
the difference if you take a walk on the wild side and
skip the Firestones.

The Silvertown with the smaller white wall is my
preference.  I like the small ribs on the outer edge
better than the smooth sides of the Firestones, which
set the tires apart visually and look significantly
different from a radial, even at a glance.

Coker offers both, if I am not mistaken.

-K

"Just say NO to radials for your 66 or older american
car"

--- Clay Smith <imperialman67@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  The original spare in my 60 is a B.F.Goodrich
> Silvertown.

Kenyon Wills