From: Ken Miller
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 10:06 AM
To: IML
Subject: IML: 67/68 Imperial Heater Core Replacment

Has anyone replaced the heater core on an air-conditioned 67/68?  It
appears that when Chrysler built this car, the first component they
started with was the heater core and then built the rest of the car
around it!

I have read the service manual, and its 26 simple steps to remove and
replace this thing are a bit intimidating (i.e., "Adjust electrical
by-pass switch operating arm to have .020 to .060 operating clearance
between operating arm and actuator rod." [I can see myself making this
adjustment on my back under the dash!]).

I would appreciate any war stories from people who have actually done
(or maybe just attempted to do) this.  I may let the next owner of this
car fuss with this.

Ken Miller