Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 2:30 PM
Subject: RE: IML: Check out this 68 Imperial!!$3500.! (purchased)

Well gang, I just drove it home and took a bunch of pictures. As you see it
is how I got it.  The link below will take you to some shared folders on a
server here at my house.  Just click on the one that says 68 LeBaron.  It
does need some clean-up and some TLC to get everything working again.  But
it's all there along with a bag full of receipts. The original Certicard is still in the owners manual showing the original sale on 6/13/68 from George
Warner Motors in Napa California.

http://langfamily.net2go.com

The carburetor (Carter AFB) needs some work so I'll run a zip-kit thru it
soon.  The biggest problem with it right now is that the choke pull-off
doesn't work so when you start it cold the choke stays shut and floods the
engine.  Otherwise the engine is very quiet and smooth (once it's warm).
The transmission is quite and shifts smoothly.  There is no noise from the
rear end or the rear wheel bearings.  I feel no abnormal slop in the front
end.  It tracks straight and doesn't pull to either side.  The brakes feel
firm and also don't pull. Mechanically I think it's pretty sound. Most of my challenges are going to be electrical so thank goodness that is one of my
strongest areas.  Fortunately I've already got a line on a FSM.

Once you start looking at the pictures you'll notice a couple of areas where there is a little damage. The first one is a little piece broken out of the extended grille over the right side cornering lamp. In that picture you'll also notice a keyhole in the fender. The original owner installed an alarm system on the car. In a later picture you'll see a big bell under the hood
on the drivers side fender well.

On the left front fender you'll notice a piece of molding missing (it's
actually not missing, I have it).  But in front of the molding where the
fender flares out you can see where he must have scraped the side of the
garage door.  The metal is not deformed so I think I might have some luck
touching it up.

The left rear bumperette has some rust starting to show through.  It looks
like someone got carried away trying to clean something off with a steel
wool pad.

Overall, I'm pleased as punch with myself for getting what I think is a
heck-of-a-deal.

More to come later.

Ken

67 Crown 4 Dr Ht