IML: 68 LeBaron Update

Well gang, I dove into the LeBaron yesterday and today.  I removed the
radiator and will send it out for rebuild tomorrow.  You can see from the
cap opening that a good many of the tubes are clogged.  And there are a
couple of rust leaks around the outside.  While I'm at it, I'll be replacing
the thermostat, fan clutch, water pump, all the hoses and belts.  I hate
having a car with cooling system problems.

The Auto Temp system is completely dead right now.  I'm reading through the
manual to get familiar with the operation so I can get in there and fix it.
The good news it that the compressor and refrigerant are in tact and
working.  I tested that by jumping the compressor clutch coil to 12 volts
while the engine was running.  The compressor ran smooth and the low side
refrigerant lines got ice cold.  So my first assumption a problem with the
control system.

The left side brake lights and turn signal do not work.  I did mange to get
them working for a moment by fiddling with the turn signal lever.  So I'm
assuming that is the culprit.  When I find one for the 67, I'll just order 2
of them.

Many thanks to Chris Sculthorp who helped me decode the fender tag.  There's
a lot of information if you know how to read them.

Also, there is a small gold or bronze name plate attached to the glove box
door with an inscription.  It says "This Car Made Especially For Maurice
Schmidt".  (he was the original and only owner before me)  Did Chrysler ever
do that sort of thing for special order cars?  I'm thinking it may have been
something done by his family when he bought the Imperial new.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Ken
67 Crown 4 Dr Ht
68 LeBaron 4 Dr Ht