Re: IML: Fender Tag

Butm to give it a try - from the bottom to the top, , left to right :

> YH43 81 5 83 507 093896
YH43 :
Y - Imperial
H - LeBaron
4 - 4-door
3 - hardtop

81 - engine : 378 / 381 :  378 - 440-cid V8,  381 - 4-bbl carb with single
exhuast
5 - transmission : 395 : Torqueflite
83 - tires : 438 / 443 : 7.75x15",. whitewall, nylon

507 093896  Shipping Order where "507" is the Scheduled Build Date - May 07,
1968

> 12345678 AX TRM PNT UBS
>   0      2             H9R 551 5  Q

2 = Moulding : 0 : 540 - belt line
A = Axle : 2: 402 :: 2.94:1 with 8.75" axle
TRM = Interior Trim -
H - Grade : High
9 - Style / Upholstery : Bench, leather & vinyl
R - Colour : Red
PNT - Paint :
5 - Roof colour - Charcoal grey metallic
5 - Body colour - Charcoal grey metallic
1 - Paint style - monotone

UBS - Interior Piant / Exterior Stripes
5 -
Q -
Which letters do the "5' and "Q" appear under?  Have no "5" listed for
interior paint, if it is under the "U".   With red seats, it should be "R"
for red.   "S" is for pewter.   "5" is also for a silver vinyl roof.
If the "Q" is under the "U", that would be for a dark red interior paint.

> ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTVWXYZ
>    9   2889  7983   16
B = Accessories : 9 : 479 : Brakes - Front disc / rear drum
D = Brakes : 2 : 472 :

The numbers under the letters (A to Z) have shifted due to proportional
spacing (ie, the letter "i" uses less horixontal space than the letter "w",
for example).

Could you please restate the numbers with just the letters that are over
them?   I suspect the first "9" should be under the "D".

Bill
Vancouver, BC