IML: Please Welcome Brad Weikert

New Subscriber(s): Brad Weikert
Email Address is: a292@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Phoenix, AZ

Car(s) owned: 66 Crown

Self-Introduction: I'm just re-subscribing to the list with my new email address.  After a six month wait I did finally receive my car.  Unfortunately my camera was stolen a couple of months ago so I don't have any pictures of it with the new paint job yet (the pictures from before the paint job are on the IML site).

The car seems to be mechanically sound and overall I'm pretty happy with the condition of it.  The car runs good and the interior is in fairly good shape.  I need to get the power windows working, put self-adjuster cables on the brakes (they're missing in action), and figure out why none of the air doors respond to the AC controls.  Everything else seems to work well, including the search tune radio.  That radio has surprised a few people already.  They don't expect such an old radio to have a seek feature, especially one that locks onto a signal so quickly.

I am currently working on the internals of the drivers door.  I repaired one bad switch and removed both window regulators.  I finished with the windwing regulator and reinstalled it.  All the parts were in good shape, the grease had just hardened up to the point that the motor could barely overcome the friction.  It works quite nicely now.  The main window regulator is in very good shape also, even the rubber isolation piece that the gears are attached to.  Before I install it I'm going to remove both door handle assemblies and the latch assembly to clean and lubricate them since access is so much easier with the window regulator removed.

That's about it for now.

Have a great day
Brad